Cleaning Makeup Brushes
Cleaning your cosmetic brushes should be done about every four to six weeks, depending on your frequency of use. It’s important to do so in order to remove the bacteria and oil from your make-up brushes and extend their lives.
- Using lukewarm water, run water over the bristles to dampen.
- Apply a drop of mild daily shampoo (baby shampoo works) to the palm of your hand.
- Rub brush head across your palm and then rub bristles gently between thumb and forefinger to lather.
- Rinse thoroughly. Water should run clear.
- Gently squeeze excess water from the brushes, reshaping and forming the natural shape of the brush.
- Hang to dry with heads down or place on edge of counter or sink and allow heads to overhang and be exposed to air on all sides.